The NB-G110P FlashXpress, Panasonic’s diminutive little cube, is a versatile toaster oven that’s perfect for saving space and time in the kitchen. Thanks to infrared cooking technology, frozen convenience foods are really convenient. There’s no waiting around for the oven to heat up, so breakfast, lunch or snack time is just minutes away.
The Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven’s small footprint takes up a mere square foot of precious countertop real estate, so it will fit almost anywhere. It’s a great option for apartment dwellers, RV travelers and boaters.
This model has been awarded the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, so you know it’s a product that will do what it claims. Its sleek styling blends with almost any decorating theme and those sleek lines also means that it’s easy to keep clean.
Let’s take a closer look at the Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress Toaster Oven and compare some of its Pros and Cons.
- The oven is 13” Wide x 12” Deep x 10-1/4” High and weighs in at 7.5 lbs, so it fits wherever you have a spare square foot of space. The inner dimensions are 10.2” Wide x 9.8” Deep x 4.1” High. This means you’ll have room for it whether you have a small apartment, dorm room or even set up in a family room snack bar.
- The FlashXpress infrared technology cuts down cooking time. It can prepare food as much as 40 percent faster than standard countertop toaster ovens. Grab and go snacks and meals are ready in just a few minutes.
- It heats instantly between 250 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit, so there’s never a wait for the oven to preheat. This cuts down on your electric bill and can mean significant savings.
- The front of the unit has six illustrated preset buttons so it’s easy for everyone to use. These automated presets take the guesswork out of how long to set the cook time.
- It has a digital timer that increases in 30-second increments up to 10 minutes and then continues to increase in one-minute increments to a maximum of 25 minutes.
- The cooking time for frozen food, bread and reheating is automatically calculated.
- Four feet keep the unit elevated and keep heat from transferring to the countertop. Just like any countertop cooking appliance, this oven does produce heat, and the legs keep your counter safe from high temperatures.
- The interior is illuminated, so you don’t need to open the door to check your food. Opening oven doors allows the heat to escape and slow down the cooking process. With this helpful feature, you’ll never increase your prep time by opening the door to see how your meal is cooking.
- The small footprint can be a Con as well as a Pro. If you’re planning to prepare food for a crowd, this oven has a very small inner dimension of 10.2” Wide x 9.8” Deep x 4.1” High, so you’ll be quickly preparing very small batches.
- The rack height is not adjustable, so you cannot vary the distance of the rack between the top and bottom of the oven.
- Babysitting your toaster oven is never a pleasant task when you’re trying to do several things at once. Inconsistent heat between the front and back may mean that you need to rotate the tray during the cooking process.
- Since this uses a non-standard cooking source, you can’t rely on the suggested cooking times of pre-packaged food. There’s a definite learning curve and trial and error to become proficient with this toaster oven.
This toaster oven confuses some people. While it heats well and cooks many items, it doesn’t have a broil feature, so cooking a steak or other food that is enhanced by a brown or crusty coating isn’t an option. The infrared technology cooks quickly, but since it does take time to learn how to prepare food successfully with it, new inexperienced owners may initially be disappointed with the results.
The Panasonic NB-G110P FlashXpress is a top notch toaster oven and a great fit for most lifestyles, but it is an oven that you should consider the strengths and weaknesses of before purchasing. Make sure it suits your particular needs and expectations.