The Cuisinart TOB-195 is an exceptional toaster oven and one of the very best currently on the market. It is without a doubt the best toaster oven made by Cuisinart, and among all high-end toaster ovens, only the Breville BOV800XL can compare to this brilliantly designed toasting and baking machine. Aside from all of the great features that it has, one thing that we really like about this toaster oven is that it has a very aesthetic, modern look to it. The stainless steel housing and solid construction makes it look more like a commercial toaster oven, like one you might find in a restaurant, than a toaster oven for the home.
This toaster oven utilizes an advanced technology that Cuisinart calls the “Always Even” shade control, which keeps the temperature inside the oven at a very precise and consistent level, as desired by the user. This results in food that is always cooked evenly, without burnt or under-cooked spots, and to the same desired doneness, every single time.
- Easy to Operate – This is a hi-tech piece of kitchen equipment, but don’t worry, you won’t be having to deal with any complicated and confusing controls. Even the most technologically challenged people will find this toaster oven to be very easy to use. Unlike most toaster ovens on the market that use mechanical dials, the Cuisinart TOB-195 uses a convenient-to-use electronic touchpad that has a large, easy-to-read digital display screen. All you have to do is select your function such as broil or toast, set the time or shade of toast that you want, and push the start button. It can’t get any easier than that.
- Very Accurate Temperature Controls – Unlike a lot of lower quality toaster ovens out there that can’t accurately maintain heat levels, you’ll have no such issues with this toaster oven. In fact, this toaster oven has one of the most accurate temperature controls of any toaster oven we’ve ever had the pleasure of using. One of the reasons is because it uses a state-of-the-art “Exact Heat” censor which always keeps the temperature to within +/- 10 degrees of the temperature that you set it at. This is very important if you want to achieve consistent and predictable cooking results.
- Convection Capabilities – Would you like to be able to cook your food faster and more thoroughly? If so, then you’ll definitely want to get a toaster oven that has convection capabilities, which the Cuisinart TOB-195 has. The convection fan not only works well, but it’s fairly quiet as well which is nice, since nobody wants to have to endure the noise of yet another loud appliance in their home.
- Large Interior – The inside of this toaster oven is quite spacious, and you’ll find it very easy to fit 6 slices of toast in it or even a 12″ pizza. Also, you should have no problems fitting most baking or lasagna pans inside either. If you have a large family to feed or if you just like having the option of cooking larger food items in your toaster oven, then you will definitely want one that has a large interior like this one has.
- Heats Up Very Quickly – One of the best aspects about the Cuisinart TOB-195 is that it heats up very fast; much faster than a conventional oven. A regular oven can take about 10 minutes to pre-heat to 350 degrees, but it only takes this toaster oven about 3 minutes to pre-heat to that temperature.
- 3 Year Warranty – Even the best appliances made by the most reputable companies are not immune to occasional defects, so no matter what the quality of the product, you will want to be covered by a warranty of some sort. The Cuisinart TOB-195 comes with a very generous 3-year warranty which is one of the best around.
- Crumb Tray Can Only Be Removed From the Rear – One thing that owners of this toaster oven may find to be a bit of an inconvenience is the fact that this toaster oven was designed so that the crumb tray slides out from the rear instead of from the front. It’s not a huge issue, but it will require you to rotate the oven in order to get access to it.
- Rack Does Not Slide Out Automatically – It would have been nice if the designers of this toaster oven had made it so that the rack slid out automatically when opening the door. It’s certainly not a deal breaker by any means, but it does mean that you will have to use a utensil or a pot holder to pull the rack out a little bit to grab your food.
Bottom Line: Should I Buy the Cuisinart TOB-195?
Even though there may be one or two things that could potentially be improved upon, the Cuisinart TOB-195 Toaster Oven really does represent the cream of the crop in terms of toaster oven design and construction. It’s excellently built, it’s simple to use, toasts evenly, warms up as fast as any toaster oven out there, and, of course, we can’t forget: this is a Cuisinart. They are a huge name in the world of kitchen appliances and when an appliance has the name Cuisinart attached to it, you know you’re getting quality, that’s for sure.
The Breville BOV800XL may be the only other toaster oven in existence that can possibly claim to be a better toaster oven. However, the Cuisinart TOB-195 is not without its advantages. For one, it’s less expensive, and, therefore, may represent a slightly better value. Also, some people may prefer the touchpad controls over the dial controls of the Breville. But at this point, we’re getting into hair-splitting territory. So at the end of the day, if you’re just looking for a superb, top-of-the-line toaster oven and you’re really not concerned about the minor details, then there really is no reason at all why you shouldn’t buy this toaster oven.